Skip links

Settlement Program

Sense of Belonging in Our New Home

Whether you are new to Canada or a longtime resident, you probably have a lot of questions about living here. You might be asking about school in Canada, getting a doctor, getting a job, applying for Canadian citizenship, or finding English language classes. Settlement services can help you get answers to these and many other questions.

At Newcomer Women’s Services Toronto, we provide support, advocacy and information to individuals and families who need information and resources on starting their life in Canada. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact our Settlement Counsellor at

Settlement on Skype

Find the Information and Community Resources you need.

Email to set up an appointment today!

We’ll Answer Your Questions

First Month in Canada

How to apply for a Health Card and Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Upgrade Your Skills

Connect you to a skills upgrading program or English Class.

Find a Doctor

Find a family doctor and locate a walk-in clinic.


We’ll help you fill out forms and applications.

Financial Support

Need help to apply for Ontario Works or Childcare Fee Subsidy?

Find a Job

Information about workers’ rights & find supports that help!