English Language Program for Seniors (ELP)
NEW’s senior-specific ESL class is a first in Toronto!
Our philosophy of teaching this particular class is based on the principle of lifelong learning. There is no age to learn. We consider the individual needs and interests of each student and help her achieve her goals
- Senior-specific curriculum & teaching methods to build seniors’ confidence and language skills. Our curriculum integrates senior specific issues of nutrition, home care, diabetes prevention, calling 911 and stopping elder abuse. We are currently implementing PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) the most advanced method ever used in our system of education which guarantees success.
- No tests. We have replaced testing with the daily teacher-based assessment. Our program enhances independent learning, self-assessment and peer-assessment as important ways to enable our students to dive into the modern, complex Canadian reality.
- Supportive teachers with specialized training
- A small class size to facilitate confidence and learning
- The classes are conducted in a very convenient location in the heart of Danforth Avenue – just a couple of minutes from the Pape subway.
- Free Saturday programs and trips to support elders in making new friends, sharing their skills and staying active
**Eligible seniors can get TTC tokens
For more information, contact our ELP Manager, Cynthia Ding, at 416 469 0196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the Seniors in Action!