As a member of the English Language Program during the summer months, the program assistants will offer support to our programs and services that work with newcomer children around literacy and life skills and working together with settlement and employment program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize summer camp workshops and support creative play activities for children 5–12 years of age
- Organize literacy games and activities for children (with their mothers onsite)
- Create arts and craft programming
- Create physical activity programming
- Attend weekly team meetings to report on project outcomes
This position has been funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to qualify for this position, the student must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age
- Full-time student during the preceding academic year, and intending to return to high school or post secondary education in September 2019
- Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work according to Ontario legislation and regulations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have valid police reference check and First Aid & CPR certificate
- Experience in developing programs for children
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage time effectively and coordinate multiple activities
- Be self-directed, able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Knowledge of immigration and refugee services and of the ethno-specific programs and services in Toronto
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of social media and Microsoft Office Suite
- Second language is an asset
This is a temporary contract from July 2 to August 30, 2019. 280 working hours in total/position.
Application Deadline Extended
No phone calls please.