Laboratory personnel will be responsible for performing all specified tests and solution analysis as well as any additional analysis. Results of all tests and analysis will be recorded and graphed accordingly. Laboratory personnel will also be required to follow periodic calibration and maintenance procedures.
- To perform incoming and outgoing material testing.
- To maintain and provide records for all tests performed in the laboratory.
- To maintain all laboratory equipment in good working order.
- To carry out special assignments as directed by the laboratory manager.
- To serve as a resource for all plant, transportation and office employees.
- To assist in the investigation and resolution of any problems that may arise resulting from improper manipulation of chemicals.
- To promote a constructive working environment through the exchange of information and ideas.
- Maintain “Lab Pack” area and bulk small quantity material in the appropriate drum or bin.
- Completion of University or College Degree/Diploma Course in a Science related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of industry an asset.
- Advanced skill level with software applications and word processing accuracy including adequate typing speed would be an asset.
- Required to work shifts as scheduled.
- Occasionally required to work extended hours including occasional weekends.
- Experience in the Hazardous Waste Industry.