The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the administration, organization, integration, and evaluation of the activities of the HR systems. They will also identify, attempt to understand and/or troubleshoot issues with of each of the systems and recognize how each impacts the HR function. The incumbent will research issues and identify options and recommended solutions, including implementation timelines (where applicable, in partnership with other HR team members). The HR Systems Administrator provides support of the HR systems and maximizes use of the systems by users as well as increases efficiencies in the business processes. They are also responsible for assisting users with system administration questions or training (i.e. password resets, navigation, new hire training etc.), reporting, analytics, and other data collection.
• Completes HRIS data entry, including but not limited to new hires, salary changes, termination, status changes, address changes, training, compliance documentation, benefits administration and disciplinary records etc.
• Maintains accurate records for compilation of statistical reports concerning personnel related data, such as hires, transfers, and performance management
• Triage URIT requests upon receipt (new hires, terminations etc.) to appropriate HR Advisor
• Assists and/or directs employee inquiries to appropriate HR team members
• Compile various reports and data as required for HR statistics reports, Balanced Scorecard, Corporate Plan, Official Languages, etc.
• Lead administration of the HRIS and ATS systems, managing user requests and training as needed
• Creates and manages codes / monitor data management in the HRIS; conducts frequent audits to review and ensure integrity of the data entered into the system
• Assists the Human Resources Advisors and Human Resources Associate in analyzing the effectiveness of the system and provides recommendations for improvements; reviews technological advancements, market trends and changes to organization business needs
• Supports the Human Resources Advisor in the administration and maintenance of the third-party eLearning training system
• Supports and monitors the CN Tower’s Performance Management software on a continual basis.
• Manages administrative processes of performance management system including employee set up and changes, movement between “workflow states”, employee/manager follow-ups, status reports etc.
• Assists the Human Resources Associate in administering and updating Catering request via JD Edwards Oracle software
• Supports the Senior Human Resources Advisor (Labour Relations) (the “Benefits Administrator”) in administering the Company Benefit program within the CNT; this includes but is not limited to: entering information into the benefits system, and assisting the Benefits Administrator with employee inquiries.
• Ensures HRIS benefit module is kept accurate and up-to-date with employee benefit information including enrollments, dependants and benefit earnings. Regularly audits HRIS benefit module to ensure data integrity.
• Act as a resource to support employee questions/situations regarding medical, benefit and other sensitive issues
• Assists the Benefits Administrator in the overview and application of benefits consistently to all qualified CN Tower employees
Records and Reports
• Supports the Human Resources Associate in file management for the HR department, including all data tracking, labeling, content classification, file storage, and retrieval for both physical and electronic documentation
• Supports Senior Human Resources Advisor in maintaining and tracking absenteeism reports on a bi-weekly basis.
• Assists the Human Resources Associate in ensuring record management programs are in compliance with applicable legislations, security and data privacy policies (PIPEDA etc.)
• Works alongside the Human Resources Associate in bi-weekly payroll audits for HR related information
• Processes reoccurring reports as requested; including data collection for President Reports, the Balanced Scorecard and annual compensation statements
Recruitment and Selection
• Assists the Human Resources Associate with preparation of orientation and on-boarding schedules, as well as training of new employees as required
• Analyzes or prepares data for analytic reports and ad-hoc requests on recruitment and retention
• Ensures accurate and comprehensive personnel records and transfer of files
• Maintains tracking systems for seasonal recruitment analysis
• Manages statistical data, including collection, recording and analysis of data for reporting purposes
• Administers the Goodlife Corporate discount program for the Company
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures
• Assist with the creation and implementation of guidelines, standard operating procedures and manuals where required
• Other duties as assigned
• A post-secondary education in Human Resources or equivalent is required
• A minimum of three (3) years of related Human Resources experience is required
• Certified Human Resources Professional (“CHRP”) designation in progress or achieved is an asset
• Working knowledge of human resources and health and safety principles and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines is required, including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act (“ESA”), Occupational Health and Safety Act (“OHSA”), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”), Human Rights Code (“HRC”) and other applicable regulations
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience with various HR systems. Experience with the following systems considered an asset: HRIS – ADP Workforce Now, HRDownloads, Performance Management Software – emPerform and Applicant Tracking System– HireDesk.
• Must be proficient in standard MS office software and equipment, with expertise in Excel
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with expertise in mail merging
• May be required to work outside of regular business hours including weekends when required
• Ability to work cross functionally with different department as required
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
• Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where applicable and/or when required
• Reinforce and demonstrate a positive “health and safety” culture, and show interest and involvement in the Company’s health and safety performance
• Commend exemplary employee health and safety practices