The Building Handyman will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance and is also responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
- Access to a reliable car, permitting travel to 3 sites located within Toronto
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, minor electrical, troubleshooting and repairs of plant equipment and office resources
- Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs/tubes
- Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliance, sinks, toilets, blinds, etc.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Perform drywall patch & repair and painting, as required
- Knowledge of Teknion office furniture system building and dismantling
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on plant facilities
- Comply with OHSA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Monitor and maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the facilities department
liaise with contractors and external vendors, as required
- Schedule and monitor all inspections as they relate to fire, insurance, alarm, equipment etc.
- Rooftop units to be maintained (filters cleaned/washed)
- Active member of Health & Safety committee; investigating and addressing all issues and workplace inspection items noted from monthly meetings
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed