At this company your role is all about saying the right thing, to the right people at the right time. Cutting through the noise and creating a message that’s clear, effective and imparts knowledge to our clients and their customers should be your goal each and every day.
You have the innate curiosity that drives great research and the cunning to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Your ability to put yourself in people’s shoes to know what’s important and valuable to them is one of your greatest strengths. You’re a tone chameleon and it comes easy to you, variety is the spice of life and you enjoy heavy helpings of it.
FIND REAL INSIGHT– We explore and develop core truths, craft meaningful messages, establish unique brand stories based on insight
● Everything starts with understanding our client’s industry, competition, business, and audience
● Layer onto that an understanding of people’s habits, behaviors, and motivations
● And finally, craft the right message for the audience at that moment
SHAPE AND BUILD BRANDS– From the written word to the spoken word – we invent and produce brand stories and positioning.
● We believe it’s operations’ responsibility to live up to marketing’s claims, not the other way around – after all, we’re not biographers
● We do not ask clients what to say or how to say it, we intentionally develop and control every aspect of how our clients’ brands are positioned
● We also infuse emotion and meaning to every aspect of their business. We say more with less. We understand when we need to provide context, or when we are lost in the weeds. And really, we just get it.
HAVE A MEANINGFUL IMPACT– We are driven by stellar work and amazing experiences. But the greatest work in the world means nothing if it doesn’t drive real results.
● We focus on results – real results – not manufactured, immeasurable results. This means we can test, make iterative improvements, and be held accountable.
● Delivering to the promises we make is hard work – it takes time, a tremendous amount of energy and emotional investment – but the results are worth it.
● Making the most of every opportunity and understanding the responsibility we given to launch, establish, and revolutionize our clients’ brands are core to how we approach our work
We’re looking for an extraordinary writer:
● Someone who loves the art of marketing. Everything from strategy to the latest campaigns, from seeking out amazing creative to deconstructing the motivation, needs, solution, and results of past campaigns. At its core, a pure love for all things business, strategy, and marketing.
● A writer who has a real understanding of business and the drivers that shape how, and why companies make the choices they make.
● Someone who has a keen understanding of target audiences, how people move through a prospect journey, and the ability to clearly understand the nuanced differences between target personas and their motivations at a given part of their journey.
Has the skill and experience to lead and deliver projects focusing on:
● Taking an established brand strategy and brand creative to develop a brand narrative, tone, voice, and offer
● Writing for landing pages, campaign microsites, and brand websites focusing on UX and conversion points
● Writing for display banners, remarketing, and social campaigns with a focus on awareness, consideration, and conversion
● Developing content for email marketing campaigns
● Conceiving and producing content for content marketing (blogs, editorial articles,how-to’s, social content, etc.)
● Marketing & promotional videos
● National digital campaigns and TVC
● Explainer videos
● Culture and recruitment videos
● Digital Marketing – copywriting and an understanding of wireframing
● Editorial Content – ideation, research, and copywriting
● Video – Scriptwriting for our client’s video projects including:
YOUR SKILL SET, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPENSATION
● It may seem obvious, but it’s worth saying that strong copywriting, communications, and editing skills are a must.
● It’s also helpful to consider that curious, problem solvers who are quick learners fit in really well with our culture and approach.
● Having previous experience writing for brand building, digital marketing, and advertising is a must. Agency side experience is a plus.
Be warned – we have a bit of an unusual approach to getting to know our candidates. Please send us an amazing cover letter that tells us about yourself, 3-5 examples of relevant work with a description of your role/responsibilities/scope of work for each project, as well as your CV.
Please note that we are striving to increase diversity within our workplace and amongst our team. No matter your background, if you feel you’re a fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 – $60,000 per year
Must be willing to commute to Markham, ON
|Job Category||Office Work|