School Crossing Guard to escort children and other pedestrians at designated school crossing locations during the school year in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Carraway guidelines. (Outdoor Work).
- Must possess a smartphone with data
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a good sense of judgment to be able to determine the timing for safe entry into the flow of traffic.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Highway Traffic Act.
- Must be dependable, available, physically fit, of good character, and possess an understanding of young people.
- Must be willing to work in all forms of weather, including extremes of heat, humidity, cold, rain, snow, sleet, and wind and be capable of working under all types of road conditions, exposure to traffic noise and exhaust from vehicles.
- Assist elementary school children in crossing roads safely at designated school crossing locations in accordance with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Company Guidelines.
- Learn and understand the SOP’s for each school/site they are working at •
- Arrive on time
- Remain at designated crossing site at all times during the designated work hours of 3 segments per day
- Coordinate the flow of pedestrians across selected intersection(s) with the flow of vehicular traffic and traffic control devices (where applicable)
- Ensure uniforms are clean and properly worn
- Obey all established traffic safety regulations to ensure children and pedestrians are assisted in crossing roadways at designated locations
- Wear mandatory safety equipment supplied by the company at all times while on duty.
- Must demonstrate a good sense of judgment to be able to determine the timing for safe entry into the flow of traffic and be capable of crossing the roadway in a quick, orderly and safe manner.
- Exercise appropriate authority in a confident, decisive, firm, understanding and fair manner to require approaching vehicles to stop at their crossings.
- Report and document any problems, e.g. weather conditions, children, and motorists, to Supervisor of Crossing Guards. •
- Staff who complete the recruitment process will be required to submit a vulnerable sectors check
- Hours: Potential hire must be available to work between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm. Compensation will be provided for 7 hours.
- Location: We are hiring School Crossing Guards for several intersections throughout the City of Toronto. A complete list of all the intersections can be found below: • Avonwick Gate and Cassandra Boulevard • Oasis Boulevard and Pinoak Street • Markham Road and Eglinton Avenue East • Norseman St and Royal York Rd • Mt. Pleasant and Ranleigh Ave • Cleveland Street and Merton Street • Lawrence Ave and Bennet Road • Rolph Rd and Sutherland Dr. • Cleveland St and Davisville Ave
- Hourly Wage: $15.38/hour. Compensation will be provided for 7 hours.
|Job Category||Customer Service|