The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Environmental Field, with a background in chemistry (preferred). Must have working knowledge of English.
Duties include, but not limited to;
- Experience with the management of chemicals/hazardous wastes including management of lab packed chemicals
- Familiar with waste management regulations, Ontario regulation 347, Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Knowledge of documentation requirements, in accordance with regulations
- Chemical lab packing management experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience laboring with vacuum trucks, loading/unloading
- Equipment operation. pumps. valves, power equipment
- Forklift experience
- Familiar with water treatment, tank farm operation, Any experience operating a loader is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a plant environment
- Sampling containers/drums,
- General Labor Housekeeping practices
Waste management: 1 year (Preferred)
Chemicals/Hazardous wastes: 1 year (Preferred)