Get a Grant to Train Your Workers
CANADA-ONTARIO JOB GRANT
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant gives businesses funding to help train workers.
No one knows better than you what skills your team needs to succeed. So you choose the workers and the training.
Have questions about the Canada-Ontario Job Grant? Not sure where to start? Get in touch with our Workforce Specialists at NEW Employment Services!
Natalie Schaffer, 416-751-8886
Ready to apply for the Canada-Ontario Job Grant for your business?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much funding can I get?
- The grant will fund, on average, 2/3 of a worker's eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000.
- Eligible training costs include tuition and fees, textbooks and materials.
- The employer contributes the remaining costs and employs the worker who is trained.
Q: Is my business eligible for funding?
Individual businesses and business organzations can apply. Broader public sector organizations or Canda-Ontario Job Grant service providers aren't eligible. Also, you can't apply if you're already receiving government funding to train the same worker.
Q: Who provides the training?
You can select any appropriate training offered by eligible third-party trainers.
Q: What are the requirements?
Your business must:
- contribute at least one-third of the training costs
- employ the worker you plan to train
- be licensed to operate in Ontario
- have insurance, and comply with labour and human rights legislation.
- Also, the training and the job must be in Ontario
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada Job Grant.
Programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.